St. Joseph School was founded in 1888 by a group of like-minded parents who wanted the best for their children. While parenting has changed dramatically since then that sentiment remains the same. With that in mind, St. Joseph School has launched a lecture series designed to bring experts in their fields to parents to discuss relevant topics that affect today’s families. The lectures are free and open to the public.
On this page you will find information on our upcoming lecture, other topics for this school year as well as previous lectures. You can also find contact information for the PR Committee to discuss topics.
Our Upcoming Lecture
Positive Discipline: Monday, January 13, 7:00 p.m.
Harsh discipline has no place in parenting today. But what is available to teach our children the limits necessary to function in our society? Author, Keynote Speaker and Parenting Expert Bill Corbett will discuss 10 Tools for creating cooperative kids, or in other words, modernizing your discipline toolbox for today's child.
In his field of expertise of parenting, Bill Corbett is the author of the award-winning book, “Love, Limits & Lessons: A Parent’s Guide to Raising Cooperative Kids.” He is also the founder and president of Cooperative Kids, LLC, an international educational organization designed to help parents and professionals raise confident and cooperative kids who will one day find their purpose in life and on schedule. Bill helps parents and professionals examine what is in their “Discipline Toolboxes” and evaluate the fact that many of these tools are outdated and no longer work effectively. Raising children in today’s world requires a different approach to discipline and an admission that parents and teachers today need different tools. Bill works closely with parents and professionals to help rebuild the “Discipline Toolbox” and make room for more effective tools and methods that truly work in today’s challenging parenting environment.
Women's Workshop: Saturday, April 12, Time TBD
- Nutrition: Dr. Richard Mugavero will be discussing the proper methods of combining appropriate food groups for optimum digestion, maximum energy and also, if sensibly applied, will result in weight loss for those that need to shed some extra pounds. He also uncovers the secrets to fueling your immune system and eating to decrease your risk of cancer! This is a rare lecture in that we will actually show you how NOT to become a patient of any Doctor. Dr. Mugavero has been practicing chiropractic care for over 14 years, 11 of which have been in Bradford at HealthSource of Bradford discussing healthy nutrition for today's woman and her family.
- Self-defense techniques: Most women already carry a very important skill in protecting herself, intuition. While intuition is a good first line of defense, Marc Hicks from 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy will be demonstrating and teaching how to take self-defense to the next level with cutting edge self-defense techniques and escape maneuvers. In 2011Marc opened 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy where he is currently teaching Kyokushin karate. The school strongly stresses, honor, discipline, and respect. 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy is an anti-bullying school with an award winning life-skills curriculum.
- Super woman syndrome: Today’s woman dons her cape first thing in the morning as she prepares her family for the day, wears it throughout the day as she works and sheds it late at night only to get up and repeat the same thing the next day. With stories, insights and techniques that are both entertaining and helpful, Professional Coach Charlene DeCesare will INSPIRE you to want the most out of yourself and your life; IGNITE that hidden spark of energy you have within you to make any dream come true.; ILLUMINATE the path to sustainable success and happiness. True success runs from the inside out. It starts with YOU.
We are interested in your feedback; if there is a topic of interest that is not listed, please do not hesitate to contact the schools PR Committee via email.
For more information on these topics, you can contact the schools PR committee via email or by calling the office, 978-521-4256. If there is a topic you would be interested in seeing presented at a future date you can also email the school's PR committee.
- Bullying Policy
- CORI Form 2013-2014
- Early Childhood Handbook
- Emergency/Transportation Form 2013-2014
- Kindergarten Registration 2013-2014
- New Student Gr. 1-8 Registration 2013-2014
- Nursery & Pre-K Registration 2013-2014
- Parent/Student Handbook
- Summer Reading Lists 2013-2014
- Supply List 2013-2014
- Tuition Rates 2013-2014