St. Joseph School was founded in 1888 by a group of like-minded parents who wanted the best for their children. While parenting has changed dramatically since then that sentiment remains the same. With that in mind, St. Joseph School has launched a lecture series designed to bring experts in their fields to parents to discuss relevant topics that affect today’s families. The lectures are free and open to the public.
On this page you will find information on our upcoming lecture, other topics for this school year as well as previous lectures. You can also find contact information for the PR Committee to discuss topics.
Our Upcoming Lecture
Saturday, April 12, 9am to 12:00 pm at All Saints Parish Church Hall, 120 Bellevue Ave., Haverhill, MA
Generally considered the nurturer of the family, women are constantly juggling multiple priorities and usually putting their own needs last. This talk is designed to help you understand your own needs and how to take care of yourself, mentally and physically.
We have three fabulous speakers who will be talking about protecting, fueling and inspiring yourself so that you have the energy, confidence and enthusiasm to find real success in life.
- Nutrition: Dr. Richard Mugavero will be discussing the proper methods of combining appropriate food groups for optimum digestion, maximum energy and also, if sensibly applied, will result in weight loss for those that need to shed some extra pounds. He also uncovers the secrets to fueling your immune system and eating to decrease your risk of cancer! This is a rare lecture in that we will actually show you how NOT to become a patient of any Doctor. Dr. Mugavero has been practicing chiropractic care for over 14 years, 11 of which have been in Bradford at Merrimack Valley Pain Relief Centers discussing healthy nutrition for today's woman and her family.
- Self-defense techniques: Most women already carry a very important skill in protecting herself, intuition. While intuition is a good first line of defense, Marc Hicks from 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy will be demonstrating and teaching how to take self-defense to the next level with cutting edge self-defense techniques and escape maneuvers. In 2011 Marc opened 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy where he is currently teaching Kyokushin karate. The school strongly stresses, honor, discipline, and respect. 5 Dragons Martial Arts Academy is an anti-bullying school with an award winning life-skills curriculum.
- Super woman syndrome: Today’s woman dons her cape first thing in the morning as she prepares her family for the day, wears it throughout the day as she works and sheds it late at night only to get up and repeat the same thing the next day. With stories, insights and techniques that are both entertaining and helpful, Professional Coach Charlene DeCesare will INSPIRE you to want the most out of yourself and your life; IGNITE that hidden spark of energy you have within you to make any dream come true.; ILLUMINATE the path to sustainable success and happiness. True success runs from the inside out. It starts with YOU. Over the past two decades, Charlene has proven herself as a trusted advisor to executives and companies around the world. She is highly focused on personal / professional peak performance and puts those strategies to work for herself and her clients. Charlene found a multi-million dollar division of Bright Horizons, was Northeast Director of the Institute of Corporate Productivity, and Global Sales Director for Gartner, Inc. Potentially more impressive, she got her MBA degree while working full-time and raising two small children. In addition to a contract position as VP, Strategy at Boardroom Event,s Inc. Charlene is a freelance writer, speaker and coach.
We are interested in your feedback; if there is a topic of interest that is not listed, please do not hesitate to contact the schools PR Committee via email.
For more information on these topics, you can contact the schools PR committee via email or by calling the office, 978-521-4256. If there is a topic you would be interested in seeing presented at a future date you can also email the school's PR committee.
- Bullying Policy
- CORI Form 2013-2014
- Early Childhood Handbook
- Emergency/Transportation Form 2013-2014
- Kindergarten Registration 2013-2014
- New Student Gr. 1-8 Registration 2013-2014
- Nursery & Pre-K Registration 2013-2014
- Parent/Student Handbook
- Summer Reading Lists 2013-2014
- Supply List 2013-2014
- Tuition Rates 2013-2014