The position of Room Representative serves as a liason between the teacher and the parents of the students in the class. Room reps are generally called upon to help teachers coordinate classroom parties and coordinate classroom projects for either the Christmas Carnival or the Annual Auction. Being a Room Rep is a wonderful way to get to know all the other parents as well! Sign ups are done at the beginning of the school year. Below is a list of responsibilities for Room Reps:
- Attend monthly PTO meetings. If there is more than one room rep, then each room rep can take a turn attending meetings. The goal is to try and have each grade represented at each of the meetings. This will allow for proper communication between all parents/grades. IT is MANDATORY that all Room Rep Coordinators attend at least 3/4 of the PTO meetings.
- Be an ambassador to all new families entering into grade/class during the year .
- Coordinate classroom parties for the teachers. (See individual teacher for info.)
- Organize auction or Christmas Carnival basket for classroom.
- Chair, Co-Chair or volunteer at least one PTO school event.
- Grade 1 room reps are responsible for coordinating K Graduation (mandatory event)
- Grade 7 room reps are responsible for coordinating Grade 8 awards night (mandatory event)
As a Room Rep our responsibility is to act as a liaison between you and the classroom Teacher for events that happen in the class, i.e. holiday parties, classroom projects (Auction/Christmas Carnival baskets), and field trips. The room rep will be in touch with the class room parent to let you know what is needed and how you can contribute to make PTO events a success.